Subject: [Leica] Seeking general macro advice
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 2 05:53:32 2006

At 04:57 AM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
>Thanks much.  If there are macro photographers out there, I'd love to
>see some of the pictures you've achieved using different gear setups.
>
>Scott

The M's are great cameras but not for macro or telephoto.  That's
when you really need an SLR.  The Leica Apo-Macro-Elamarit-R 100/2.8
is the absolute best.  The R60 Macro comes close.  The R100 will go
to 1:2 and with the close-up attachment (Apo-Elpro 16545) to
1:1.  You can even use it on the Canon for digital close-ups:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/41431073

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com