Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: The DM-R has landed!
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Feb 1 16:14:00 2006

 >Hmm. One wonders if this work-around could be applied to other digital
cameras.
 >For instance, if a 5D is acceptable at ISO 3200, what are the results
when  underexposed two stops, ISO 12,800?
 >Somebody turn out the lights and give it a go, okay? I would, but my
gear is not at hand.
 >-Chris Lawson

I never did that as I thought it wasn't necessary  but just have a look
at some pictures every of them shot at 3200 ISO in very low light
situation.. The Portico de la Gloria in the cathedral of Santiago de
Compostela a middle age sculpture masterwork.. I see myself using more
often my 5D than my 1Ds MkII. and very, very often at 3200 ISO were
dynamic range is a little bit smaller than at 100 ISO but just enough.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=554115

Regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Re: Re: The DM-R has landed!)