Subject: [Leica] The DM-R has landed!
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Wed Feb 1 03:57:03 2006

When UK's "Amateur Photographer" magazine reviewed the
DMR, they similarly bemoaned the limiting of the ISO
range because of the excellent capabilities of the
device, and were confident that it could cope not just
with 1600, but with 3200 and that it was thus an
opportunity missed. Now I know some people cannot
conceive of ever using such a speed (hello, Peter!),
but it's surely one of the huge advantages of digital
capture. Excellent quality at low settings, as
witnessed by Peter's shots, and the ability to get a
usable shot in pretty dark conditions with just a
simple adjustment. I'm sure Leica will address this in
future, but in the meantime, it's not the tool for
Ted. Which is a shame.

Nick

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00F5p6