Subject: [Leica] The DM-R has landed!
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Tue Jan 31 21:08:24 2006

pwerner@bluewin.ch wrote:

>Ted,
>

>> my 'standard' setup for wildlife is the 400/6.8 Telyt
>> w/2x.  That's f13.6 wide open!
>>

>I wonder how you can focus. For me it is already difficult with the Telyt
>alone wide open.
>
>Peter

That question should, I think, have been directed at me, Peter.  And the
answer, is quite easily!  The finder is surprisingly bright (though I do
use a plain ground glass screen, not the microprism and split image
which black out as such levels).   The limited DOF makes it dead simple!

David.

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC