Subject: [Leica] Sidewalk washer (how to crop?)
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon Jan 30 10:14:50 2006

Peter

FWIW I would go with the tight crop.

But as I learnt a few weeks back with my "Going Home"
( http://gallery.leica-users.org/album177 )and cropping that, and the long
discussions with Ted and others that I had about it, it really does depend
on
you and how you see the picture.

For example if you didn't preview it with the LUgers in - then don't be
afraid
to take them out. Cropping Going Home, I had a view in the moment that I
took it
that the others hadn't seen . Interestingly my kids who were there preferred
the
one that I chose.

NOW if you want to go for "the image" then you have to think about the photo
as
it appears on screen as an entity with its own compositional values, rather
than
simply what you "saw".

So you can play it either way have it as you saw it and wanted it - or as
the
picture others might want to see. That is the question, as Hamlet might say.

Anyway who cares about the rear ends of a group of LUGers ;-)  -  except
themselves!

Peter Dzwig