Subject: [Leica] Fedka
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jan 28 23:41:49 2006

My heretical view is that the Elmar was a sneaky Tessar - and not
much the worse for that. This opinion is re-enforced by the
traditional Tessar position for the stop in the supreme latest 50mm
f2.8 Elmars.
There are many ways to balance the compromise of aberration
combination which probably accounts for any difference in look
between the multitude of Tessars designed by different lens design
teams.
Frank