Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW Week 3 Jeffrey---Nagin
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Jan 27 14:01:21 2006

And the three levees that failed were holding in water from canals, not the
gulf, lake, or river. The Army Corps of Engineers constructed flimsy canal
levees compounded by the mistake of dredging one of the canals to below the
walls' base. As Feli says, we can more easily protect ourselves from
flooding than San Francisco can protect itself against earthquakes. Or the
midwest can protect itself against tornados. What we have here is political
wrangling because the country's budget is a mess and the pres has painted
himself into a corner.

As for space exploration to send mankind to a different universe, we have to
play the odds here. Let's build better canal walls. ;-)

How do you explain the Netherlands then? You can't control earthquakes, but
you can
control flooding. The fiasco in New Orleans was the result of decades of
mismanagement
and an incompetent, sociopathic presidental administration.

Feli