Subject: [Leica] Advice wanted: TRI-X development setup
From: jdos2 at mindspring.com (jdos2@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jan 27 09:50:45 2006

I've a very similar configuration all the way around.

I like Diafine for development. Buy it once and forget.
Mix fixer every two months. Take care of it, and it'll be okay longer than
that.

Shoot at 1,200-1,600. Scan as soon as the negatives dry. I have to battle
cat-hair, so I frequently will take the film to dry in the basement (with a
dehumidifier).

Curse stainless steel rolls, but use 'em if you are in a hurry. Otherwise,
dark closet is fine (since I usually develop in the evening)

This combo has scanned well for me, with the Minolta. Makes "Nice looking"
and not terribly grainy pictures- just visible grain at the level of the
scanner resolution.

JD