Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW - Week 3 - Jeffery --- Nagin
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Jan 25 17:39:09 2006

Maybe the guy's a turd, but he's been trying to hold together
a desperate and politically difficult situation for some time now.
Under that kind of prolonged and heavy stress, it's hard not to
make a few mistakes and say some things you wish you hadn't.
Oh well.

I was up around 5:00 AM (IIRC) when he made his famous
impassioned plea/angry rant phone call to a host on CNN during the
height of the crisis. It was surreal, and maybe a little refreshing given
everyday political culture. He was clearly crying on the phone, the
host (can't recall who) was crying, and when they switched back to
a regular news reporter to read the periodic headlines, she was visibly
crying as well.

Trippy stuff.  If I were Nagin, I'd be very, very happy to be rid
of the job.

Scott