Subject: [Leica] re: Doug's Berliner Fotos
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Jan 25 08:00:53 2006

Thanks very much Doug,
 it's so nice to hear that a photo, which may not have any particular
connotations for me  (except that I quite like it), can re-awaken
memories and emotions in someone who takes a moment to look at it.
A quite touching, and with Kafka involved, of course a slightly
mysterious story.
Best
Douglas
BTW, the bridge is over the canal (The Mittellandkanal, from Berlin
with connections to Poland and the Czech Republic, to the Rhine) which
runs past the bottom of our garden.
The cafe you mention, if it's the one I think, now belongs to the
M?wenpick chain, which sells some of the best ice-cream to be found in
Germany, I sat there and waited while my wife was checking out a few
department stores last time we were in Berlin.