Subject: [Leica] Painting cameras, the ALPA black crackle finish
From: jackherron at cox.net (Jack C. Herron)
Date: Tue Jan 24 13:19:51 2006

Philippe,
    Wrinkle finish = Well, wrinkled.
    Crackle finish = Like drying mud puddle, cracked into islands.
    Hammered finish =  Looks like hammered metal.

    In short, three different finishes and visual effects.  The ALPA finish
is a smooth wrinkle, ie a large proportion of the surface is flat, with
small, low wrinkles.  Not the kind of effect I usually get with;
Krylon Wrinkle Finish, #3370 Jet Black 12 Oz Aerosol can
but possibly achievable with the right combination of the variables.
    I can find no wrinkle finishes in the reference you cite.
Cheers,
"Keep pushing that paint can button and it'll come unstuck"
Jack C. Herron
8118 E. 20th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710
520 885-6933