Subject: [Leica] writing on the wall. NOW SHOOING OR TALKING?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Jan 22 10:30:26 2006

On 1/22/06, Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Some people don't understand when I'm told to "go out and take pictures for
> something to do." It's quite meaningless and depressing to go out and take
> some pictures without a reason or end product in mind!

You want to know what is worse Ted?

I do that sometimes. I just go out and take pictures. They end up
being pictures of nature, something that I really don't get off on. I
tell my wife that they are the pictures I take when I am bored and
just have my camera along when I'm taking a walk to keep my
middle-aged arteries less choked (red wine is my preference, but it's
not really accepted to hit the bottle at 8 am).

So ... I walk around the 'hood, take pictures of trees and fog and
stuff like that.

People around here _like_ them. They actually ask to _buy_ them. Now
that is depressing. The pictures that _I_ like, they go ho-hum. The
pictures I burn off just to get the film out of the camera (I'm
allergic to keeping a roll of film in the camera), _those_ pictures
they like and actually pay for.

Now _that_ is depressing.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] writing on the wall. NOW SHOOING OR TALKING?)