Subject: [Leica] Fuji is sticking it out
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jan 19 15:26:26 2006

Chris and all,
Fuji is the one that has been developing new emulsions over the last few
years.  I think this was more a statement that they will be making film for
a while and to reassure the base that there will be film.  The
infrastructure is a big deal.  Even losing 15% a year we are coming off a
base of billions so with minimal investment in new silver technology film
becomes the quentesential cash cow.  In the U.S. the Fuji sales guys have
cracked some of the grocery store and drug stores who had been all yellow.
So, I believe that Kodak is losing market share much faster than Fuji.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com