Subject: [Leica] WAS: Canon 30D? NOW: LEICA R8 & MOTOR. ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 19 08:41:23 2006

I see folks are discussing the relative weight of camera's, digital and
otherwise.

But having not had an R8, motor and 280mm lens in hands for a while I have
to say all those other's are chicken feed for weight. ;-)

Having shot more 20D photographs in the past year or so with Leica lenses
and Canon, I'd forgotten how hefty an R8 feels when loaded with any number
of different lenses.

My goodness even the 80 f1.4 makes it a hefty beast.... but dang I sure love
the feel! As a tension reliever I may just walk around with an R8.... empty
mind you... and click away just for the exquisite feel in hand. ;-) It may
be nothing more than a soother to calm me down. ;-)

I note people making complaints about equipment and too much chatter about
it and not enough Leica stuff. Well there's such an easy way to correct
this......

A/
Don't complain just bring forward your LEICA comments and keep the chatter
going about LEICA!

B/
Are you here to only learn how a Leica works, a no brainer topic it's so
dang easy. Or are you here to learn about PHOTOGRAPHY?  Ok using a Leica.
However, it's never the camera in hand making for great photographs it's
always the "photographer" holding it! Canon or leica.

Too many people think because they take any picture with  LEICA it's great!
Horse pucks! Quite frankly it isn't going to be any better no matter how
much you paid for your camera.

My suggestion is stop whining about the Canon chatter because after all it
is about photography, but post your LEICA topics and help keep a greater
degree of conversation what the site is, The Leica Users Group!

Now take your LEICA whatever model, go take some pictures then you'll have a
Leica topic to offer! ;-) thank you
ted

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] WAS: Canon 30D? NOW: LEICA R8 & MOTOR. ;-))
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Canon 30D?)