Subject: [Leica] Canon 30D?
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jan 18 07:53:37 2006

But let's be honest here - when you get the M digital body you are stepping
on precisely the same treadmill. By the time it comes out, it will already
be last year's technology, if that. The question is whether that technology
is good enough for you for the foreseeable future. And that brings us to the
question of how real the "digital treadmill" really is. Does one need to
continually trade up? I'd suggest again that the 20D produces terrific
results, and unless one has a specific problem or need, the introduction of
the 30D shouldn't cause 20D owners to lose sleep. Think about how much of
this is really just the latest example of the "mine's bigger than yours"
phenomenon. What this really reminds me of is the annual introduction of the
new car models each fall in the 50s and 60s - God forbid the neighbor has
tail fins bigger than yours. ;-)