Subject: Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Jan 16 14:05:32 2006

Tina Manley wrote:
> And this page "proves" that some digital cameras have more dynamic
> range than some films:
> http://www.clarkvision.com/imagedetail/dynamicrange2/

This information flies smack against my experience so that
my reaction is like that when I read of an MIT "scientific"
paper that "proves" that bees cannot fly.  It is obvious
that which Roger Clark of Clark Vision measures and my
experience of "dynamic range" do not coincide.

When I use my Canon digital SLR, I am always mindful
of the possibility of blown highlights.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) (Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) (Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) (Noisy digital shadows - was: Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill)