Subject: Quality/size ratio and digital - Re: [Leica] re: digital treadmill
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 15 20:02:35 2006

Scott,
Sony is trying this sort of with the R1.  It is the first of the all in
one's to use an APS-C sensor.  Possibly a little bigger than what you asked
for but it is a start.

As an aside, one of my friends who shoots "fine art" still uses a Contax T2
for his slice of life images.  He holds it in the palm of his hand and trips
it with his thumb.

One of the issues is that APS-C sensor production is relatively limited so
no one has risked the "image" camera.  At some point when the sensor wars
settle down and we have generic sensors that a manufacturer could specify
for use in a luxury camera.  How easy life was and the choices available
when 35mm film was still a medium of choice.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com