Subject: [Leica] Re: LHSA Meeting in Germany
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sun Jan 15 13:02:10 2006

As one who once worked at Leitz Midland, and have also been to the
Solm's tour, I found the Solm's tour underwhelming.  I realized that
they would not have shown the sensitive portions of the facility, if
there were any, but they hardly showed anything.  My wife thought that
they had let everyone off work early the day that we were there.

I worked at Leitz Midland in '83 and visited Solms in about '97/'98 and
I wanted to see what difference 15 years had brought, and also to see
the "mother ship".

But I found Wetzlar quite attractive.

I won't be at the LHSA meeting unfortunately, but to all that do attend,
I hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Vick Ko