Subject: [Leica] Re: LHSA Meeting in Germany
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Sun Jan 15 08:30:18 2006

> know I have to stop in Paris to visit friends and?wish to visit Berlin and
> Prague, neither of which I know.

I will must likely arrange my schedule to make this meeting.

I was in Europe last summer. Spent the month of July in Prague taking a
photography course at a university summer program. I can't wait to return
again this summer. Prague is such a cool place, English friendly, that I
hope to live there one day.

I also spent a few days in Wetzlar and did the Leica tour. Wetzlar is a
pleasant little city. To be honest the factory tour was a bit underwhelming.
They don't do that much manufacturing there (or least they either didn't
show it or it was a slow day) so there wasn't that much interesting to see.
Most of the time was used for an old timer to give a pep talk on how great
Leica is and how it is not suited for 99.9% of the masses because they just
can't appreciate the quality and workmanship.

Maybe my assessment is a bit harsh but I think it is attitudes like this
among the people at Leica that has put the company in such dire straits
today. I'm glad to have made the visit to Solms but it was something of
letdown.

The main reason for me to strongly consider the LHSA meeting is the visit to
Photokina.

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 1/15/2006