Subject: [Leica] re: digital treadmill
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Jan 15 09:06:56 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 11:45 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> they are different
> animals; they have different looks and feels, and thus they aren't
> comparable. I may "like" one better than the other, but to say that
> one is
> "better" really doesn't cut it. At least not in my book.

I agree.  I've done as many shows as possible in the past two years
and have come to appreciate more the variety of different printed
images, all originally produced with some form of
photography...contact prints, digital, classic film, etc.  They all
have different characteristics and nowadays, great liberties are
taken by photographers in how the images are captured, manipulated,
and printed.  Some are interesting, some not.  But, they are
different creatures, IMO.

Ken

The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PAW):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn