Subject: [Leica] Interesting problems with M39-Leica M adapter
From: martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski)
Date: Sat Jan 14 01:40:11 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Don Dory wrote:

> I would take a flat fine file and file the offending lug horizontally, in
> other words take the burr off that is causing the lack of rotation.  It is
> possible that whoever did he original work actually bent the lug just
> enough
> the keep the adapter from mounting on a bayonet.  It either a burr of metal
> or a bent lug so removal of a small amount of metal should do the trick.

Thank you for the advice, it was a bent lug! I used the trick to open the
shutter with "B" and saw that one of lugs was slightly bent. I used a
small plier to bend it back and got a smooth working adaptor ring!

Gr??e aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Interesting problems with M39-Leica M adapter)