Subject: Was RE: [Leica] DSLR choice - now Zeiss-Ikon
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Jan 13 05:46:08 2006

It's picking up in my neighborhood (next to the river...high ground), but
about 75% of the city is still abandoned and in shambles. We had 17,500
students at our college last August, and now we are at 8,000. That's
actually pretty good, but we are getting many students from suburbs that
weren't devastated. The French Quarter and most of the city adjacent to the
river are in pretty good shape. But if you drive 3 blocks up Canal Street
(toward the lake), the city takes on a ghost town look.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com