Subject: [Leica] RE: Adox and Efke
From: editor at frontenachouse.com (Rose Scollard)
Date: Thu Jan 12 21:59:33 2006

It's been nearly half a century since I used Adox films, but if I remember
correctly, the three standard emulsions sold in North America were Adox
KB14, KB17 and KB21, which were exposed at 10 ASA, 25 ASA and 80 ASA
respectively.  For developer I used Tetral Neofin Blue (originally packaged
as Neodyn) for the two slower films and Neofin Red for the fast guy.  Bob
Schwalberg of Popular Photography was very keen on these brands; however, I
got better results f rom Perutz Pergrania, also a 10 ASA film.  I don't
think any of them can equal T-Max 100, Delta 100 or Fuji 100 for grain,
tonal range or latitude.  KB14 was especially unforgiving in this respect,
even less tolerant than Kodachrome10.