Subject: [Leica] re: film scanners
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Jan 12 19:21:36 2006

Several of Epsons's flatbeds do this. Clearly, no one should waste
their time or disc space hi-rez scanning all their negatives (unless
they have a much better big print percentage than I). Small jpegs
make fine "contact sheets." I track them in iPhoto.

My 4870 will do individual files on each exposure of 4 6-neg strips
unattended. I think the newer model will handle 6 strips of 6. You
can set the resolution as you wish for those scans.

I've been satisfied with the negative scans for prints up to 13X19 on
my Epson 2200 printer.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies