Subject: [Leica] Is there anyone out there using/interested in LTM?
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Jan 11 15:49:06 2006

>Douglas writ in part:
>
>not all that old as screw mount cameras go, but are a IIIG a Canon P
>and a Canon 7 interest enough?

Well, from a guy that is the proud user of ol' 4387, my unexpected
oldest Leica, see:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/blackleica1.html

plus a '32 Standard. a III, and an immaculate IIIf, I'm surprised and
gratified by the volume of the response. The Canon 7 IMHO qualifies
too, Douglas - I have one, and more or less agree with Stephen
Gandy's assessment that it's an LTM  Leica 'M'.

It just struck me, particularly in the light of the Nikon
announcement (vintage Nikons being one of my other vices), that we
are in danger of forgetting the gear which originally made our
obsession possible.

Many thanks to all of you for your current LTM contributions - and
keep them coming.

Best

Alex

--