Subject: [Leica] re: St. Pauli, beyond Curry Wurst
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Tue Jan 10 11:47:13 2006

Douglas, thank you for all the tips. Can't wait to get back to Hannover for
the Currywurst, the Russian supermarket and Duckstein bier. Bier muss her.
Ich habe einen rieseigen Durst.

The last time I had Currywurst was in Lemgo--not too far from you, Douglas.
It isn't worth recalling, though Lemgo is one of those old cities worth
visiting.

BTW, I studied in Detmold when the Brits were nearby. And I know there base
in Bielefeld.

Having touched on beer, Broetchen, and Currywurst, let me move on to another
favorite topic, namely Matjes, ie. herring.

I love herring and I particularly like it in Denmark, though I've found good
Matjes in Schlewsig as well. The last time I was in Denmark I must have had
herring prepared five or six different ways and after eating each one I'd
swear that was the best and I'd never try anything else only to find another
variety that had an equally good effect on me. I enjoyed eating herring and
drinking Aquavit with it, though I advise anyone who does this should not
drive afterwards.

I eagerly await to learn where they serve excellent Matjes in Hannover.

Schoene Gruessen aus New Haven wo die beste Pizza in den USA zu besorgen
ist--Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] re: St. Pauli, beyond Curry Wurst)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] re: St. Pauli, beyond Curry Wurst)