Subject: [Leica] Underexposure in Tungsten Light
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Jan 10 08:35:41 2006

At 08:18 AM 1/10/2006, Kenneth Frazier wrote:

>On Jan 10, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Richard S. Taylor wrote:
>
>>   My negs look more than 1 EV under.
>
>Richard, there was a discussion about this on another list.
>
>First, what film are you using?  I'm having the same results with C41
>b&w films, and the recommendation was to shoot 400 film at 200-300.
>Another recommendation was to shoot at 320.

Ken, I think possibly the problem is that tungsten light tends to be very
uneven - that is, areas close to the light source are very bright and areas
away from it are very dark, and not that you have to down rate the film
speed per se (you may do that for your film's "true speed" but that would
be a different issue). Therefore, any exposure error is probably just that,
exposure error. Of course you can just listen to Uncle Ted: turn the M7 to
auto and just :light, eyes, action: shoot!

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Underexposure in Tungsten Light)