Subject: [Leica] FS: two unique M3 cameras
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Fri Jan 6 17:10:14 2006

Two custom updated Leica M3 cameras for sale:

(1)

Chrome SN: 745582 Originally made in 1955

This M3 has been throughly modernized:

-- an M4 style film take up and frame counter reset system installed
?? (no more removing spool to load film)
-- new spotless top (new old stock part from Leica w/o serial number)
-- both flash sockets replaced with modern PC style (plastic plugs incl.)
-- ASA 1300 back door
-- plastic eyeglass protector on viewfinder
-- CLA'd

To be sold with:

-- Brown Luigi leather half-case and strap
-- Matching silver Voigtlander VCII light meter

Camera is spotless except for small ding in bottom plate and a out-of-round
strap eyelet -- both completely invisible when in the case. Mechanically
perfect; viewfinder bright and clear.

This is a unique and beautiful shooter and better than new.

$1800

(2)

Back SN: 853074 Originally made in 1956

This M3 has been painted black and throughly modernized:

-- black paint finish; Leica script on top plate in red, SN and all other
?? text in white
-- an Leica quick load system installed
-- perfect "new" old top installed prior to painting (bearing a 1xxxxxx
?? range serial #)
-- both flash sockets replaced with modern PC style (plastic plugs incl.)
-- ASA 1300 back door
-- plastic eyeglass protector on viewfinder
-- CLA'd

To be sold with:

-- Black Luigi leather half-case and strap
-- Matching black Voigtlander VCII light meter

Camera is spotless except for small a surface rub mark in the paint on the
back immediately beneath the film advance lever that's practically invisible
if
you don't know it's there. Mechanically perfect; viewfinder bright and clear.

This, too, is a unique and beautiful shooter made even more prestigious
by being black paint.

$2200

Contact me off list for photos and history of each camera if you are
interested.
In both cases, my asking prices are less than what I have invested in them
but
I think represent their fair market values.
?
David Keenan
Member LHSA

Dave.