Subject: [Leica] tri-x and microdol-x
From: dstate1 at hotmail.com (Dan States)
Date: Mon Jan 2 16:47:00 2006

I find the Microdol needs a bit more exposure, so I shoot at 250.  I also
extend developement by about 15% to get a snappy neg...Tri-x can handle this
well.  I love this combo...it's the lowest grain high speed pair I have
found.  It allows 8x enlargements from tri-x without having to make excuses
about grain.

I'm to the point now where I've tried just about every developer out there
and this stuff and D76 are still at the top of my list.  All the high tech
stuff is unpredictable and the old high acutance developers like Rodinal are
just too grainy for me on 35mm.

Best wishes
Dan States