Subject: [Leica] PAW 51 dlridings
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Dec 30 03:43:47 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> I have been lazy, very lazy. It hasn't even bothered me.

I wouldn't let it bother you.

  "Jul" is a word and celebration that goes back to
> pagan days.

"Yule" as in "Yuletide", "Yule Log" (very pagan in origin) etc in English
(Vikings passed this way!) Although you don't hear them very much, if at all
these days, they were reasonably common woirds when I was a kid.

When Christianity came, the same word was used to signify
> Christmas.
>
> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/51.html

not very busy shopping centre then!

> The second one is Ewa cutting the Christmas ham (julskinkan).
>
> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/51alt1.html
>
> Both were taken with a IIIf. The first with an old Elmar and the
> second with a newly acquired Summarit.

Summarit or Summitar?

very narrow depth of field. Clearly she had a very definite purpose at that
moment.

Thanks for showing.

Peter