Subject: [Leica] Leica Books....which to buy?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Dec 27 08:47:25 2005

I'm not sure if they've been translated into English, but G?nter
Osterloh's books on Leica R and Leica  M are pretty good, though, as far
as I know he didn't write anything about screw mount cameras (yet)
The R books skims the flexes and SLs but goes into quite some detail on
specifications and functions of R3 toR8 (2000 edition), the M book is
dedicated solely to the M-series and lenses, how far he gets in the
latest edition I don't know, mine's from 1990)..
One of the best reference books is still Laney's Leica Collectors Guide
(he goes more into the differences between models than into specs and
functions)
Quite fascinating is Rajner's (HPR)bi-lingual (G and E) book on Leica
copies too.
Douglas