Subject: [Leica] Guarenteed: better than richard avedon's photos of his father
From: martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski)
Date: Fri Dec 16 13:35:13 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Lovely, David - I'd really like to see it in black and white.
> B. D.

It is not easy for me to put my thoughts in english, I hope I can make it
clear.

I tried to imagine how this picture would look in B&W, but I think it
wouldn't have the same effect, at least for me. This picture says "it
will never be the same again" by the already pale hand held by the two
darker hands. I don't think it would be possible to say the same in B&W.

I recently had to say goodbye to a uncle who died of cancer. He was my
favourite uncle and I saw him the last time a few days before his death.
My aunt asked me to make a few pictures of him during the visit, but I
wasn't able to do it... I want to remember him like he was a few years
ago, full of life and holding a glass of wine. I didn't want to document
him with his failing body, so I enlarged a snapshot made years ago
during a wine tasting and gave it to my aunt.

I don't know why I like David's photo and would put it on the wall, but
wouldn't take one of my uncle in his state.

Gr??e aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Guarenteed: better than richard avedon's photos of his father)