Subject: [Leica] 12mm closest focus?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Dec 13 09:16:26 2005

Mark,
set it on f16 and your knuckles peeping into the frame will be sharp too
:-) , seriously though, around about 20cm to infinity at f11(hyperfocal)
is what you get when you set the distance to 0,5 meters. Set it to f22
and 0.3 meters it's theoretically from a couple of inches to way beyond
infinity and into hyperspace..
It is difficult to get an OOF background with this lens. Lean forward
when you use it to avoid getting your toes in the shot, and don't wear a
wide brimmed hat,
keep your focussing fingers well out of the way too.And always point it
downwards a bit to avoid getting too much sky in the metering zone.
Get one, it looks good , handles , well built (high fondle factor too)
excellent performance once you get used to it (about 70% of my first
shots with it had feet hat brims and knuckles) - DON'T drop the finder -
it shatters very easily without bouncing, replacing it costs more than
you'd like to think about.
Douglas