Subject: [Leica] Christmas Picture Results (better link for some)
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 10 14:08:10 2005

In a message dated 12/10/2005 3:39:07 P.M. Central Standard Time,
richard-lists@imagecraft.com writes:
it is one of the few pictures that
arguable have truly religious / spiritual overtone - for the Christians,
Christmas should be the celebration on the birth of Christ. For people like
me, it is the time of the shortest day of the year, when the Sun  returns.

===========

Well, Doug's Menorah is a mighty important religious symbol, but I  tried to
ignore titles and descriptions before I saw the pictures, the  exceptions
being the two emailed to me.  I'm familiar with  Solstice

All of the other shots with the (exception of Jon's) had  indicators of
holiday, Douglas' night shot had no direct indicators, but spoke  to me of
holiday.

As I said in my comment, it is an interesting looking  group, but a side
shot
of a group of people looking West while one of them blows  bubbles doesn't
speak to me of spirituality.

I was looking at the pictures, not into the hearts of the  creators.

Anyhow, I hope you take Ted's advice, and get out there on  December 21st
and
make a killer shot.

Regards,
Sonny