Subject: [Leica] PAW 48 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Dec 5 10:07:06 2005

Thanks for all of those kind words Ted. Gene and Kenneth also.

I _have_ made it a goal to not give up. I figure if I'm a
"photographer", then I am one, no matter what circumstance I find
myself in. I've been trying to convey the feeling of this northern
season rather than just letting it get me down. I'm too stubborn for
that :-)

I DID buy a box of Neopan 1600 (20 rolls) after taking that shot.

The IIIf and collapsible Elmar goes absolutely everywhere. It's not
the best combination if you have a choice, but since it fits in my
pocket, it IS the best. I don't have any other lenses that compact.

I've been practicing slow shutter speeds. This one this week was 1/4
of a second again.

I'm very flattered and, it goes without saying, very pleased that it
worked. I thought it did. But I'm starting to get blind for my own
shots. I have scads of shots that I never even scan. Some of them are
good. This was one that I knew I wanted as soon as I took it. I
thought: "That's winter."

We're getting closer to the turning point (looking on the bright
side). It won't show until the end of January, but mentally it is nice
to know it will soon be going the other way.

It doesn't really get that cold though. Not yet anyway. Gene spoke of
minus degrees Fahrenheit. _That_ is cold. We're not there yet.

Once again, a sincere thanks.

Daniel

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] PAW 48 dlridings)