Subject: [Leica] PAW 48 dlridings
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 5 06:17:32 2005

Daniel Ridings offered:

>I do not like winters in Scandinavia, do not. Not even a knockalock
> with 1.0 would help much. It doesn't get darker than most places ---
> dark is dark. It just doesn't get light, it's dark for a long time,
> many hours a day, it's silly to talk about light.
> > The first one was taken as I left for work one morning last week:
> > http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/48.html<<<<

Hi Daniel,
>>it's dark for a long time, many hours a day, it's silly to talk about
>>light.
> > The first one was taken as I left for work one morning last week:
> > http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/48.html<<<<

No, no no! It is all about light! Wonderful exciting light, your imagination
is challenged because of the light. Look at what you did with next to
nothing, a beautiful photograph! My gosh working at that level of light and
atmosphere while producing a photograph with such feeling is great!  Well
done.

It isn't only your ability in capturing these moments, it's having the
fortitude to shoot it and make something of it!

Let others whine and bitch about light, that's their problem. But you sure
don't need to show any concern about shooting under this low light
condition. Your past couple of postings using next to nothing light levels
on the street, train station and now this! Damn many on this list should be
so lucky to have your talent.

Take heart Daniel in knowing, though it's not the "brightest time of the
year" you are making great use of whatever the light is in shooting very
interesting photographs. My hope is we can cheer you on over this "darkened
period" of the year. So you'll continue to illustrate even on days of fog,
mist, overcast skies and next to nothing light, it's quite possible to make
beautiful pictures.

Keep shooting because it's such a wonderful way of teaching and showing
others, lousy weather and low light doesn't mean they need sit in the house
watching the stupid idiot box!! Well done mon ami!  Quite frankly I find
when you shoot under your light conditions it's inspiring! Makes one want to
get out and have a go at it! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road