Subject: [Leica] Salgado' S work
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 5 09:43:38 2005

On 12/5/05 9:10 AM, "Luis Miguel Casta?eda" <lmc@interlink.es> typed:

> On 05/12/2005, at 17:54, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> Check out the Pentax 645 Digital!
>>
>> You don't have to put film in it!!
>>
>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05031502pentax645digital.asp
>>
>> a large format Kodak CCD with 18.6 million total pixies.
>
> I'm waiting for the ZD release, I always liked Mamiya... :)

Compared to Pentax 645 prices the Mamiya 645 is Leica priced! About half! Or
twice depending on where you're starting from.
Stranger than fiction. But check out that Michael Reichmann article its all
right there itemized for your convenience!

Also IMO for Salgado to do his current "Genesis" pristine nature untouched
by human hands landscapes project in 35mm would be stupid and Salgato is not
thought of as being such. Irreconcilability irresponsible!:)

Nature shots 35mm animals and birds sure!
But once you get into subject matter which stands still (trees and rocks)
its also a genre (Landscape) which seems to want to be printed quite big.
An 8x10 glossy landscape print is a 20x24. Not so glossy.
If you catch my driftwood.
The print has to have luminance. More than what you get from 35mm.
4x5 is really the norm but medium format one can squeak by!:)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/