Subject: [Leica] Landscapes - Not PAW
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Dec 1 09:57:46 2005

Richard wrote:

> At 02:44 AM 12/1/2005, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>
>> I am running a couple of weeks ahead of myself with my PAW, so I am
>> offering these two for comment as non-PAW:
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album117/FieldthroughIvy
>>
>> Leica IIIf BW400CN 9cm Elmar 1/60th at f11 (I think!)
>

> The first one reminds me of the Don Hong Oai work that I just posted :-)
> Would love to see how he exposes/prints to get that Chinese pictorial
> effect... Looks good!
>
> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
> please use richard at imagecraft.com)

It was your postings and GeeBee's that spurred me to put mine up, although a
different lens.

The first had little or no PSing done on it except for a little contrast
adjustment (minor because I ** wanted ** the low contrast background and
perhaps
a bit of USM, though again not much.

The second needed more work to get the exposure of the trees at the left
good
enough to show enough detail for my taste (and the little field shelter at
their
right end. Some more work to bring the shadow up a bit on the right and some
get a little more detail in the misty hills at the back. Mostly selective
localised contrast and lightening, little USM and some mild tinkering with
levels.

I hope that it doesn't look too bad to the rest of the world as I quite like
it
and that general kind of light.

Thanks for looking.

Peter