Subject: [Leica] OT: Sandwiching techniques...
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Tue Nov 29 07:49:18 2005

Richard wrote:

> I suppose Photoshop is the way to do it nowadays, but humor me: for
> images such as this:
> <http://www.photoeye.com/Gallery/forms/index.cfm?image=1&id=96098&imagePosition=1&Door=1&Portfolio=Portfolio1&Gallery=1>
>
> where there are calligraphy on the prints, I presume one way to do it
> is to photograph some calligraphy and then put both negatives together
> in the enlarger. How does it work though? Everything is inverse in B&W
> neg so how can you photograph the calligraphy so that the background
> is "transparent?"
>
> // richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
> please use richard at imagecraft.com)

The answer, Richard, is in the "statement", on his website.

"* Process Statement *
Don Hong-Oai studied with the famous 104-year-old master, Long Chin-San
in Taiwan. Here he learned to work in a Chinese "pictorial" style, using
several negatives to compose a picture and perfecting his landscape work. "

How, exactly, he does it, we still don't know!

Cheers!

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC