Subject: [Leica] Xtol dev times
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Nov 29 04:47:01 2005

On 29/11/2005, at 13:04, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> O I mind my PQ's and MQ's and stick to Xtol.
> Or high acutance developers.
> Xtol is still a solvent developer which only gives near high acutance
> results with high dilutions.
> In effect doing with it was not meant to do.
> Normally if you want high acutance you don't use a solvent type
> formula but
> a high acutance formula.

We are talking about different things. I do not mean about
photographic uses of this or that, a subject that everyone going
seriously into the darkroom should decide by direct knoledge *after
buying a thermometer even before than the developing tank*. I was
talking about the environmental impact, and yes XTOL might be
effectively less harmful on the drain, but not as much as it seems
only because the main developing agent is Vit-C, that's all.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Xtol dev times)