Subject: [Leica] was DVD,now Ted Grant collection,National Archives.
From: philippe.orlent at (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon Nov 28 11:09:28 2005

> On Nov 27, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Ted Grant wrote:
>> As of Monday 28th my files, slides, negs, B&W mounted exhibitions
>> will be going to the National Archives of Canada. They already
>> have a Ted Grant collection within the National Photo Collection,
>> so this is the final submission covering the past 55 years of my
>> life as a photojournalist.
>> Quite frankly an emotional time to say the least these past months
>> as my assistant and I filled 30 boxes and looked at many many
>> prints. There were moments of looking back 40 years and feeling
>> satisfied at what I did. By the same token looking at some even
>> more recent and thinking, "well you idiot why did you shoot it
>> that way?" ;-)
>> Kind of goes with the territory, as no one in this crazy world of
>> photography is perfect! Hell I've spent 55 years in the fun house
>> and I'm learning all over again, with digital! ;-) And I'd never
>> change any of it.
>> Well OK one thing for sure! I'd have more family time rather than
>> phone time talking to them from the other side of the world.
>> Anyway as of Tuesday it's the beginning of a whole new world, we
>> shall see what path it takes me.

Congratulations from the other side of the ocean, too. And may your
digital path be as fruitful as your chemical one :-)

Message from tedgrant at (Ted Grant) ([Leica] DVD for teaching photography?)
Message from kididdoc at (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] was DVD,now Ted Grant collection,National Archives.)