Subject: [Leica] Blug pictures / Madame Pippi
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Nov 22 21:37:35 2005

Hi Aaron,

I too find it odd and at times annoying, because I grew up in a country
(Denmark) where this phenomenon is virtually unknown. There are a couple
of public toilets in Copenhagen where you have to pay, but it is to keep
the junkies or homeless types from using them as hangouts. My first real
encounters with paying to pee was when I moved to Belgium from the US in
1995. Although in Belgium the financial burden (at least for men) is
reduced by the fact that outside the cities it is perfectly socially
acceptable to pull over and pee on the side of the road--remember that
(1) all that Belgian beer has to come out eventually and (2) the symbol
of Brussels is Mannekin Pis, a little peeing boy.

Yours urologically,
Nathan