Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Tue Nov 15 20:19:08 2005

It works for me in that it poses no limitations to my style of
shooting. The 50/1.4A focuses to 0.7m so that eliminated the problem
I was having the 1.0 m close focus limit of the Noctilux. It is good
flare wise though not as good as the Noctilux (simply stunning) but
light years ahead of the Summicron (awful in comparison to the
Noctilux). Finally it has excellent performance wide open. I shoot
wide open, a lot. I had a 21/2.8A for a number of years but it was
just too soft in the corners wide open. The 24/2.8A I traded it for
was much much better. Hardly surprising as the 21A is largely a
"stretched" 24A. I did try a late 50/1.4 non-A and I liked it as well
except for the collapsible hood. The locking hood of the Asph is great.

John Collier