Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: bruent at shaw.ca (Bruce)
Date: Fri Nov 18 10:03:15 2005

 >  3) Are there any general feelings of (dis)satisfaction with the CV
35mm 1.2 lens?
I'm very satisfied with it, wise-open and otherwise.
I have not compared it to a Noctilux- on paper the CV is a bit bigger,
a bit lighter, half stop slower focuses a bit closer, and more
importantly has a wider field of view. More comparable to the 35mm
Summilux which is (relative to the CV) smaller, 1/2 stop slower, much
more expensive, said to be better optically. There were some very
favorable LUG and on-line reports on the CV when it came out.

Regarding size, The CV is large relative to typical RF wide angle
lenses, but not to most SLR lenses (quite a bit smaller than most of
the WA zooms or fast WA I have seen)/ I have not found the size of the
CV to be a problem in use- the extra bulk is an advantage hand holding
low shutter speeds, a disadvantage for carrying the camera under a
jacket or in a belt case.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)