Subject: [Leica] Playing around with Elmar
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Nov 15 18:39:35 2005

Mark,
I would have to refute your comments at least in my smallish circle of
friends. The kids I know read, even the boys. The group at the university my
daughter attends read voraciously. For one class she has had to read two
reams worth of paper of commentary, books, and articles. I believe that what
is going on is another Industrial Revolution. In the Industrial Revolution
you did better for your family by leaving the landed estate and working in
the factory, however bad it was, at least you had money and some level of
freedom. As an aside, the same thing happened with the migration from the
Mississippi Delta into the Midwestern industrial cities. However bad the
slaughter house was, it was better than chopping cotton for the man.
 Similarly, in todays world, unless you are willing to learn how to think,
process information, analyse what is in front of you, and be willing to
continue doing that until you die; you are committing yourself to a life of
much lower realization much less expectations.
 0.02
 Don
don.dory@gamil.com