Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Tue Nov 15 15:26:01 2005

Don't get me wrong, Ted. I think the Noct is a great and unique tool, it
just wasn't for me.

Like you said, you need to know your lens and some lenses are more forgiving
than others.
Shooting the Noct as f1, seems to seperate the men from the boys and girls
from the woman.

Some people buy the Noct and think "Oh, I'll just open up to f1 and that
will solve all my poblems!",
when in fact shooting at f1, introduces a whole new set of variables that
need to be considered.

But like you say, after gaining experience with it, you quickly learn that
you need to juggle three
components; aperture, shutter speed and very importantly DOF, to nail shots.

In your case of shooting with the Noct for 20 plus years, it must be second
nature.
;-)

feli