Subject: [Leica] The people of Torola, El Salvador. - Candid Portraits
From: aalmansi at yahoo.com (Aquiles Almansi)
Date: Sat Nov 12 20:24:09 2005

Hi David,

There was another person's arm on the lower left
corner of 74, with a distracting white shirt, so I got
rid of it.

The occassion: the Government has created a new social
program -a monthly cash transfer of $15-$20 for
families willing to send their children to school and
to receive some very basic health care. The program
was launched in Torola, 3 weeks ago, and it's supposed
to cover the poorest 100 municipalities.

Most of the people waiting in line for their $15 were
not young parents -they are probably grandparents,
taking care of their grandchildren while the parents
are working somewhere in the US.

best

http://www.leica-gallery.net/aalmansi/image-88774.html

http://www.leica-gallery.net/aalmansi/folder-4799.html