Subject: [Leica] Down the Slippery Slope - setting up a darkroom
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Nov 8 16:02:09 2005

Enough talking, I am setting up a darkroom. Not sure how yet, as the garage
space is not very large and it is not currently light proof. The other
option is to utilize the kids' bathroom and just move things in and out.
Consider I used our apartment's teeny bathroom for that exact purpose when
I was in high school, I guess it's just going full circle :-)

I am getting a contact print frame, for experimentation with scan and
printing out digital negatives. I also have an eye on a Durst M605.
Hopefully I can get it for couple hundred bucks. The Focomat seems to go
much higher. I am also looking a Focotar 5cm/4.5. I think I will "reserve"
wet prints for fiber stuff and may be later on alternative process and
continue to use the inkjet for others. We shall see.

Since space is at a premium etc. I don't mind throwing money to solve some
of the problems, e.g. may be getting a vertical print washer? Any
recommendations?

Oh yes, if anyone has any dark room stuff for sale, send me a note.

Thanks.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Down the Slippery Slope - setting up a darkroom)
Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Down the Slippery Slope - setting up a darkroom)