Subject: [Leica] B. D. PAWS with a $699 DSLR
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Oct 26 21:03:23 2005

Gary,

I must admit that I do dislike the size and weight of my 1D2, but do not
compare it to a point & shoot. I have one of those, too, the Canon G6,
but that is strictly for use when I need something for the jacket
pocket. Can you change lenses on your C8080? What is the highest usable
ISO speed? I know the answer to the first question, and regarding the
second, I suspect that it is similar to all other point & shoots,
somewhere around 200. So forget about sharp subway pictures etc. Yes,
occasionally you will get lucky, but I just do not see my P&S as a
replacement for a DSLR.

Now, a digital M with the image quality of a DSLR and usable ISO speed
up to 1600 and a price that would let me keep my house--that is an
altogether different and more attractive proposition.

Nathan