Subject: [Leica] 60E and 67E threads
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Mon Oct 24 13:14:35 2005

John:

The 67E is the same as any other 67mm filter you would buy.  I think
E stand for External thread, or male thread, which is what all filters are.

The 60mm filter has the same pitch size as all the other filters we
use today, but the 60mm diameter is not very common.  B+W is the most
common place to find the 60mm filters. Hoya also made some, but they
are hard to find. I use the B+W 60E filters on my lenses.   If you
use the Cokin system, the 60E ring in not made by Cokin and you need
to find a third party supplier.

What lenses are you getting that will have the 60E threads?  I have a
couple tips on using grad filters with the 35-70mm f4, if that is one of
them.

Regards,

Robert